10 Best iOS Screen Recorders to Record Gameplay on iPhone/iPad
All iPhones and iPad devices that run on iOS versions 11 and 13 come with a built-in screen recorder. However, not all iPhones and iPad devices can seamlessly use this built-in screen recording feature. Since iOS 13 only supports the 64-bit device, the older iPhones and iPads cannot be updated to the latest iOS versions such as iOS 13. If you're using any of the older iPhones like the iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, or any of the 3rd & 4th generation of iPad devices, you will not be able to update to the latest iOS versions.
So, if you're one of those old iPhone users who wish to screen record videos, you can try investing in a third-party screen recording application. Most of these iOS screen recorder apps come with a robust video editor that will help you create stunning screen records. You can go ahead and live stream unlimited gameplays, record how-to videos, tutorials, screencasts, etc.
In today's post, we have come up with the list of 10 best iOS screen recorders to record gameplay on iPhone & iPad. This list consists of the best screen recording apps that are suitable for gamers. They can easily screen record, add Face Cam, and edit their recordings using any of these screen recording apps.
10 Best iOS screen recorders to record gameplay on iPhone & iPad (with audio)
Here's the list of the 10 best iOS screen recorders to record gameplay on iPhone & iPad with audio.
- Techsmith Capture
- Screen Recorder +
- Record It
- Screen Recorder - Z Livestream
- Screen Recorder AZ
- Screen Recorder °
- DU Recorder
- Game Rec Game Screen Recorder
Vmaker's iOS screen recorder is an easy-to-use software that allows all iOS users to live stream games, record meetings, online classes, tutorials, screencasts, Tik Tok videos, etc. The application provides multiple recording modes. Based on the user’s preference, the recording mode can be selected. Additionally, it lets users record both the internal (system audio) and external (microphone audio) as well.
The software can also be downloaded in two other formats - as a chrome extension and Mac application. Now, let's have a detailed look at its features.
- Watermark free
- Unlimited number of recordings
- Records both system and microphone audio
- Multiple recording modes
2. Techsmith Capture
TechSmith Capture is an iOS screen recorder that was launched by the Techsmith Corporation in 2007. Techsmith is a well-established software company that's well known for its video recording and editing software like Camtasia and Snagit. Just like how these software seamlessly work on windows and macOS, Techsmith Capture works well on the latest iOS versions.
Requires iOS version 13.6 or above.
- Allows users to transport videos to Camtasia or Snagit
- Comes with multiple recording modes
- Can easily record gameplays, demo videos, tutorial videos, how-to videos and screencasts.
This iOS screen recorder is perfect for recording gameplays, tutorials and screencasts. It allows users to record both their screen and webcam. Additionally, it also comes with a built-in video editor.
Using the video editor, users can add images, effects, and music to their recordings. It also provides a set of customized recommendations for all users.
Requires iOS version 11 or above.
- Allows users to react with Face Cam
- Allows users to add voice narration to recordings via a microphone
- Comes with a built-in editor
- Easily shareable
4. Screen Recorder +
Screen Recorder + is a popular iOS screen recorder launched by Softin Technology Co., Ltd. It allows its users to record gameplays, video tutorials, demo videos, how-to-videos, etc. Users can also enhance their recordings with video reactions using FaceCam.
It also comes with a robust video editor that provides a ton of editing features. Using the built-in editor, users can crop, trim, add music & sound effects, add text overlay, filters, stickers, etc to their recordings.
Requires iOS version 11.0 or above
- Comes with a powerful video editing tool
- Allows users to add voice narration to their recordings
- Allows users to add stickers, sound effects and several filters to enhance their recordings
- Easily shareable on various social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
5. Record it
Owned by Digiset LLC, Record it is a well-known screen recording application that lets users live stream games with Face Cam. Using this app, users can record reaction videos, demo videos, training videos, etc. It also allows its users to add commentary to their gameplays or any other videos.
It comes with a built-in video editor that lets people trim videos, add filters, adjust the playback speed, change the background colour, etc.
Requires iOS version 12.0 or above.
- Can directly be uploaded to YouTube
- Comes with a robust editing tool
- Allows users to personalize videos by providing customizable recording positions
6. Screen recorder Z - Livestream
Designed for iPhone and Ipad users, Screen Recorder Z is a screen recording and live streaming app that's simple to use.
It comes with a built-in editor and allows users to record videos with Face Cam reactions. Users can record videos, add voice commentary or face cam reactions, edit them, and easily share them on YouTube or other social networks.
Requires iOS versions 11.0 or above.
- Comes with a built-in editing tool
- Allows users to add Face Cam reactions
- Allows users to add commentaries
- Easily shareable on YouTube and other social media platforms
7. Screen Recorder - AZ Recorder
AZ Screen recorder is a popular iOS screen recorder that's mainly used to record screencasts, gameplays, demo videos, product videos, tutorials, etc. It's available for download for both Android and iOS users.
When users successfully install the application, they will see an overlay with floating buttons. These buttons make it easier to access recording options while using the application.
Requires iOS version 12.0 or above.
- Records internal audio and external audio seamlessly
- Available for download for both Android and iOS users
- Can record Face Cam reactions while recording the screen
- Comes with a set of screen annotation tools
- Allows users to trim and edit the videos
- Allows users to export high-quality videos
8. Screen Recorder °
Screen Recorder ° is a popular screen recording app that's mostly used for recording videos with FaceCam reactions. It allows users to customize recording parameter settings like resolution, FPS, and orientation.
This iOS screen recorder supports iOS versions 12.0 and above.
- Allows users to record games including audio
- Provides users with the facility to import and edit external videos
- Allows users to adjust the FaceCam size
9. DU Recorder
DU recorder is a screen recording app that can be downloaded by both Android and iPhone users as it's available for download in both these formats. It comes with a built-in video editor and allows its users to record videos at 1080 p quality.
Using the built-in editor, users can edit, trim, crop and add background music to videos. It can also be uploaded directly to social media platforms such as Facebook.
- Comes with a built-in video editor
- Can easily record gameplay videos, online calls, videos
- Can directly live stream videos to Twitch, YouTube and Facebook
10. GamRec Games Screen Recorder
This is an easy to use screen recording app mainly developed for gamers by gamers. It comes with a built-in editor and lets users trim, rotate, speed up, or slow down the video recording.
Users can record videos with their Face Cam reactions, edit those videos on the application, and directly upload the videos to their favourite social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Requires iOS version 11 or above.
- Allows users to merge gameplay clips
- Comes with a simple yet powerful editing tool
- Allows users to add Face Cam video or audio reactions on top of gameplay
- Easily shareable on Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Instagram, etc.
- Top 8 screen recording apps - iPhone
- Top 10 Screen Recording Software to Record Skype Calls (Windows/Mac)
- Top 10 Screen Recorder for Recording Teams Meeting
- Top 7 Screen Recording Software for Recording Google Meet