10 Best Free Webcam Software for Windows 7, 8, 10 & 11
Are you someone who records live streams, games, webinars, meetings and screencasts extensively?
Looking for ways to enhance your webcam recording further?
You've come to the right place.
In today's post, we explore the 10 best free webcam software available online. We cover the pros, cons, pricing, and compatibility of each and every product in detail.
10 Best Free Webcam Recording Software for Windows 7, 8, 10 & 11
- Vmaker's Webcam Recorder
- Logitech Capture
- Windows Camera
- NCH Software
- Webcam Toy
1. Vmaker's Webcam Recorder
Vmaker is a screen + webcam recording software that allows you to record videos at 4K resolution. It provides a ton of webcam virtual backgrounds and lets you customize your videos with your brand colours and logos. It also has a built-in video editor that lets you trim, flip, rotate, and resize your recordings seamlessly.
The software is available for download in the following formats -
- As a Windows Screen Recording App
- As a Mac Screen Recorder
- As a Chrome extension
- As an iOS Screen Recorder (beta version)
It provides a lifetime free plan that allows users to record an unlimited number of webcam recordings.
The other paid plans are:
Starter: $7 per month ($84 billed yearly) Team: $10 per month (120 billed yearly)
- Comes with screen annotation tools
- Provides customizable background with AI-Powered Virtual Background changer
- Highlights on-screen clicks (mouse emphasis features)
- Provides a variety of filters
- Adds auto-generated CC
- Helps brands add their business/brand logo to their recording
2. Logitech Capture
Logitech Capture is ideal for live streaming & video conferencing. With Logitech Capture, you can easily record, edit, share or live stream your video on popular streaming platforms like YouTube, Twitch, Facebook Live, XSplit, or Open Broadcaster Software (OBS).
It also lets you record from multiple sources and can be optimized for mobile viewing.
It's available for download in 2 formats:
- As a Mac application
- As a Windows application
It is available for download for free.Pros
- Provides portrait optimization that allows you to access the application from mobile devices
- Allows you to take screenshots
- Provides great transitions and effects
Works only when connected to a Logitech Webcam
YouCam is an advanced camera software for Windows 7 and above that comes with a ton of wonderful features. It lets users enhance their content with studio-quality video effects, overlays, filters, emojis, and stickers.
With less power consumption and CPU/GPU usage, it ensures you retain your battery life for a longer time.
MP4, WMV, AVI
Works on all Windows operating systems (7, 8 & above).
It can be downloaded as a free version.
The paid plan starts at $4.16/month.
- Allows you to apply natural-looking customizable makeup
- Allows you to replace or blur your background
- Compatible with popular video conferencing platforms such as Google Meet, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams
- Lets you add brand logos and promotional messages to your videos
- Comes with an automatic face tracking feature
- Only works on Windows operating system
- The free plan comes with very limited features
ManyCam is a live streaming software that's perfect for people who are into education or training. It allows them to add whiteboards, and annotate on top of their screen.
You can also switch backgrounds, add multiple layers, adjust its opacity, and add blue/green screen effects with the help of chroma keys.
The application also supports multitasking and RTMP streaming.
MKV, MOV, MP4, FLV, GIF
It works on Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows operating systems.
It has a free version available.
The other paid plans start at:
- Allows you to blur, replace, or change your background to images or videos
- Is compatible with all popular digital devices as it provides iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac applications
- Provides 3D masks and effects
- Enables users to control their streaming deck using a remote control
- Doesn't provide any light enhancement features
- Most of the features require manual control
YAWCAM (Yet Another WebCam Software) is a completely free webcam software that's very beginner friendly and easy to use. It has a motion detection feature that notifies the owner if there's any activity in front of the webcam.
Although it doesn't provide great transitions and effects, it does provide a few basic features that are essential (like image overlay and text overlay).
GIF, PNG, JPG
It can be downloaded as a Windows version.
It's completely free.
- Very beginner-friendly
- Provides great security features
- Comes with an online scheduler
- Can be used to make time-lapse movies
- The recorded files can also be uploaded to FTP sites
- The user interface feels a bit old and outdated
- Doesn't come with built-in editing tools
- Lacks cool transitions, filters, and effects
SplitCam is a cool webcam recording software that comes with a ton of cool webcam effects and 3D masks. It's perfect for video streaming and video conferencing as it allows users to live stream one video source to multiple apps or live streaming platforms simultaneously.
It also comes with a built-in audio mixer to help you combine, process and monitor audio files seamlessly.
It's available for download in two versions:
- As a Windows application
- As a Mac application (beta version)
It is completely free.
- It's user-friendly and easy-to-use
- It supports a wide range of resolutions (320×180 - 2048x1536)
- It integrates easily with messaging apps
- It supports very few file formats
- The mac application is still in its beta version
7. Windows Camera
The Windows camera application is Microsoft's own image and video application. It comes with an auto-stitch feature that allows users to pause and resume the recording whenever they want to.
It's compatible with devices that run on Windows 10 & above.
It's available for download as a free version.
- It's simple and easy-to-use
- It integrates with Microsoft Onedrive seamlessly
- Provides a good camera resolution
- No live streaming enhancements
- Does not come with a built-in virtual webcam
- Requires an external camera to support 4K videos
8. NCH Software
NCH or Debut Video Capture Software is useful in many ways. You can choose to live stream videos from your webcam, computer screen, or even your external devices.
You can also enhance your videos further by customizing the colours, resolution, adding text overlays buttons, etc.
MP4, MPG, WMV, MOV, FLV, AVI
It works well on both Windows PC and Mac.
It provides both free and paid plans.
The paid plans start from $24.99
- Supports a wide range of video and audio file formats
- Allows you to live stream videos on any social media platform
- Comes with a built-in editor called VideoPad
The free version comes with watermarks
Apowersoft is a web-based screen recorder that is capable of recording both your computer screen and webcam effortlessly. The recorded videos can also be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Even though it's a web-based screen recorder, you will still have to install a launcher plug-in to get started.
MP4, AVI, VOB, ASF, GIF, WMV, FLV, MPEG.
It is compatible with both macOS and Windows OS.
It provides both free and paid subscription plans.
The paid plan starts at $59.95 a year.
- Doesn't come with any watermark
- Doesn't have any time limit
- Provides a large number of output formats
Not suitable for recording games
10. Webcam Toy
Webcam Toy is a webcam software that lets you take funny selfies by applying cool filters and special effects.
You can share these images with your friends and family via social media.
It doesn't support video streaming, so if you're looking for a webcam that supports video streaming, then this application wouldn't be a fit.
It works well on all web browsers.
You can take to take pictures for free.
Provides a ton of live filters
Makes it easier to share it with your friends and family via social sharing
- Allows you to capture only static images
- Doesn't provide any live streaming features