71 Surprising Video Marketing Statistics for 2021
Video marketing is booming, and it's become a trend in the digital marketing world. With consumers preferring more and more video content, tech giants like Facebook and Google are prioritizing video-specific content over the other.
That being said, video is your biggest opportunity in 2021. Whether you are a small business or a corporation, there is always some form of video content that you can capitalize on.
Here are some interesting statistics that prove the importance of video marketing for 2021 and beyond.
Video Consumption Statistics
- Video traffic will make up 82% of all consumer traffic by the year 2022.
- More than 1 billion hours of video are played on YouTube every day.
- YouTube videos are watched most from 8 pm to 11 pm.
- 43% of users watch up to 30 minutes, 34% from 30 minutes to an hour, and 23% more than an hour of video every day.
- 28% of people with a smartphone watch a video on their phone every day
- Mobile phones are the most common device people use for watching videos. 63% watch videos primarily on mobile, 30% on laptop or PC, and 7% on tablet.
- 33% of the people’s time spent on the internet is allocated to watching videos
- YouTube counts a view once a viewer has watched at least 30 seconds, while Facebook counts a view after only 3 seconds
- Mobile accounts for over 70% of YouTube’s total watch time
- YouTube users watch over 1 billion hours of video each day on the platform
- 85% of marketers are using YouTube, making it the most widely-used platform for video
Video Marketing Benefits in Attracting Customers and Driving Purchases
- 70% of businesses say that videos boost brand awareness.
- 51% of businesses agree that videos increase traffic.
- Videos help businesses get 66% more qualified leads.
- 44% of people are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
- 85% of people say that videos help them connect with brands more effectively.
- 85% of businesses use video in marketing.
- 88% of businesses that use video report a positive ROI
- Viewers claim they retain 95% of a message when obtained via video.
- Over 70% of viewers say YouTube makes them aware of new brands
- Adding a video to a landing page can boost conversion rates by up to 80%
- 88% of marketers claim that video has produced a good ROI
- Including the word "video" in the subject line of an email can boost open rates by up to 19%
- Using product videos can help eCommerce stores increase product purchased by up to 144%
- The Local Search Association found that 53% of people contact a business after watching one of their videos
- A study by LSA found that 71% of people who made a purchase had watched an online video from that brand
- Including a video on an eCommerce page can increase the average order value by at least 50%
- 65% of execs visit that product or service’s website after watching a video about it
- Car parts retailer, Advance Auto Parts, found that web visitors stay on site twice as long and browse twice as many pages if they watched a video
- Incorporating video in email can improve open rates by nearly 20%, and cut unsubscribes by over a quarter
Video on Social Media
- Video posts on Facebook generate 73% more engagements than posts of photos
- 1 in 5 videos on Facebook is now a live broadcast
- 49% of consumers engage with brand videos daily on Facebook, while 32% do so on YouTube, and another 24% on Instagram
- The share rate on social video is 12x higher than images and text combined
- 93% of video views on Twitter occur on mobile
- 85% of the videos people watch on Facebook are without audio
- YouTube has over 2 billion monthly users.
- More than 70% of YouTube watchtime comes from mobile content
- Every day, people watch over a billion hours of video on YouTube.
- 83% of consumers worldwide prefer YouTube to watch video content.
- 65% of video viewers say YouTube is their favorite channel for watching user-generated content.
- Content on LinkedIn designed for silent viewing is 70% more likely to be watched all the way through to the end.
- 12% of Facebook video posts are live streams, but live streams get double the engagement of pre-recorded video posts.
- Accounts with over 100,000 Facebook followers post 71% of all video content.
- The optimal video length for engagement on Facebook is between 2 and 5 minutes.
- Tweets with video attract 10x more engagements than Tweets without video.
- Promoted Tweets with videos save more than 50% on cost-per-engagement.
- People watch 2 million videos on Twitter every day.
- HD videos account for 68.2% of the videos on the first page of YouTube
- Videos that rank on the first page of YouTube have an average length of 14 minutes and 50 seconds
- After analyzing 1.3 million YouTube Videos, Brian Dean found that comment count, number of views, number of shares, and number of likes are all strongly correlated with higher YouTube rankings
- Video results are 50x more likely to be organically ranked in Google than text-based results.
- 56.8% of Google result that returns multiple video results have a different order of videos than when you do a similar search on YouTube
- 55.2% of Google searches ranking first in Google do not rank first on YouTube for the same search
- 88% of videos ranking on Google rank in the top 10 for YouTube for the same search
- Blog Posts with Videos attract 3x more inbound links than text-based blog posts
- Blog Posts with Videos see a 157% increase in search traffic compared to solely text-based blog posts
- Blog posts with video have a 53x higher chance of ranking on the 1st page of Google.
- Videos add 2 minutes to the average time a user spends on your site.
- Video search results have a 41% higher click-through rate (CTR) than text-based results
- Video has an 11,000:1 probability of making it to the 1st page of Google. Text-based results have a 500,000:1 probability of making it to the 1st page
Consumer Preferences for Video Content
- 80% of people who watch a video ad can recall it 30 days later
- Viewers watch live video 3 times longer than a video that has been pre-recorded
- Click rates are up to 65% higher on emails that include links to videos
- Google reports that 30-second video ads on YouTube have a 30% higher view-through rate than 15-second ads
- Videos under 90 seconds long have an average retention rate of 53%
Video Marketing Forecasts
- 82% of all internet traffic will come from video, for both business and consumer, by 2022
- Nicola Mendelsohn, head of Facebook’s operations in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, predicts that Facebook will be all video by 2021
- Cisco predicts that by 2021, 75% of worldwide mobile traffic data will be video
- Global digital video advertising spend is projected to reach over $52 billion by 2023
Bonus guide: 53 Remote Work Statistics for 2021