Screencasting Tools and Resources
Screencasting can be a quick and easy way to teach students. You can simply record your screen with voiceover in minutes and send it across to your students. It eliminates the need for explaining the same concept again and again, and on the students end it stays as a go to source whenever they wish to listen and want to prepare for tests.
It is a great way to enhance the way students consume your information.
- How to make a Screencast in Easy 4 Steps
- How to Make an Engaging Screencast? Four Easy Steps and Tips
- Screencasting Tools & Tips for Beginners
- Best Screencast Software in 2022 ( Free and Paid) | Detailed Comparison
- The Ultimate Guide to Screencast
- Using Screen Recording Platforms to Increase Instructor Presence in an Online Classroom
- Use of Screencasting for Delivering Lectures and Providing Feedback in Educational Contexts: Issues and Implications
- 15 Ways a Screen Recorder can Help you in your English Classes
- Teaching & Learning Guide: Creating Teaching Video Tools
- Screencaptures & Screencasts in Education, Assessment, and Research
- Using Screencasts for Formative and Summative Assessment
- Everything You Need to Know About Building a Great Screencast Video
- Creating Digital Lessons That Support Learning Differences
- 6 Tips to Make Your Instructional Videos Shine
- How to make instructional videos
Best Free Screencasting Tools for Educators
Best Screencasting Tools
- Google plus hangouts
Vmaker is a one stop solution for all your video, screen recording, editing, and animation needs. If you are looking for a software that is free and let’s easily start screen recording, Vmaker is the tool. With this software, teachers can save a lot of time on teaching.
- Free lifetime plan
- Screen recording, Webcam recording, Screen & Webcam Recording
- 4K recording quality
- Powerful editing features
- Easy to use interface
- Screen annotate, mouse emphasis, and screen blur out tools
- Record voice-over webcam and computer screen
- Schedule recording feature that lets you record your screen automatically
Camstudio: CamStudio is an open-source video recording tool with basic functionalities. With the Screen and Video annotations feature in this software, you can either do voice-over type vids or one with text annotations. It’s useful and does have some interesting features.
Screencast-o-matic: Screencast-o-matic is an easy to use screencasting tool. You can use it to record screen, webcam and customize videos. The videos can be used in flipped classrooms.
Google plus hangouts: Google Plus Hangout is a free to use screen recording tool which also allows students and teachers to interact in a live environment which is great for class discussions.
OBS: This is a great screen recording software which is one hundred percent free to use. While the tool is a powerful and versatile tool for recording, you will have to use a different tool if you want to both capture video and edit it.
Screencastify: This is a free screen recording tool that is available on chrome to use. This is a lightweight tool allowing you to record videos and have engaging interactions with your students.
Student Engagement Tools and Resources
Keeping students engaged while teaching online can be quite a challenge. Obviously It is different and nothing like keeping them engaged in a physical classroom. Students can easily get distracted and lose interest. But with proper tools and planning, remote teaching can be made more efficient.
Online Student Engagement Information & Insight
- How to create educational video creation | Tools and Tips
- 8 Strategies to Improve Participation in Your Virtual Classroom
- 3 Ways to Increase Student Engagement in Online Learning
- Fostering Student Engagement Online
- A balancing act: a window into online student engagement experiences
- Zoom Isn’t Enough: How Best to Increase Student Engagement Online
- The Real Issue Isn’t Student Engagement
- 45 Survey Questions to Understand Student Engagement in Online Learning
- 7 Strategies Designed to Increase Student Engagement in Synchronous Online Discussions Using Video Conferencing
- 15 Free Digital Tools to Boost Students’ Engagement Online
- 25 Remote Teaching Tips To Engage Students In Distance Learning
Best Free Student Engagement Tools
Whiteboard tools and resources
Whiteboards for online classes are what whiteboards are for physical classrooms. You can write, draw, share documents, and interact with students virtually. With whiteboards you and your students can collaborate during sessions. One big advantage of using whiteboards is that it helps maintain student concentration.
Whiteboard Teaching Information & Insight
- 3 Collaborative Whiteboard Strategies for Online Education and Business
- Amazing Online Whiteboard with Collaboration and its FREE!
Free Whiteboard tools
Survey, Feedback, and Quizzes
Student feedback can be a great way to improve your teaching. It helps you to know the perceptions and opinions of your students, which material works or does not work, and which teaching methods are efficient.
And quizzes can be a fun way to teach students. Research shows that frequent quizzing can help students retain information better in both online and physical classrooms.
Survey and Feedback Resources
- Why Getting Student Survey Feedback is So Important
- How do you solicit feedback from students?
- 25 Student Survey Questions + [Template Examples]
- Three Ways to Use Student Feedback to Improve Your Course
- The Right Questions To Ask For Online Course Feedback
- Create Effective Feedback With Education Technology
- The Secret To Getting Students Motivated To Learn Online - Regular Feedback
- HOW TO DO THE FEEDBACK LOOP IN DISTANCE LEARNING
- Flash Feedback: How to Provide More Meaningful Feedback in Less Time
- How to Get Useful Student Feedback on Online Courses
- 5 teaching techniques for using online quizzes
- A 5-Point Plan for Using Quizzes to Improve Student Success
- Remote Learning Surveys for Parents, Pupils, and Staff
Survey, Feedback and Quizzing Tools
Digital Storytelling Tools and Resources
As its name implies Digital Storytelling is basically using softwares and applications to create and tell stories. It entails a combination of images, text, recorded audio narration, video clips and music to support and create the storyline.
- Digital storytelling
- 8 Steps to Great Digital Storytelling
- Supporting every teacher: storytelling online with young learners
- Nine tips to use storytelling in the classroom
- How can I use Digital Storytelling in the Classroom?
- Strategies for Teaching With Video in the Classroom
Annotation Tools and Resources
In general an Annotation tool is a text or drawing tool that helps you highlight and add information to texts, images or any other piece of content. Annotating makes the reading more meaningful and helps students remember key information.
- Taking Annotation Digital: A Strategy for Online Teaching & Learning
- The influence of text annotation tools on print and digital reading comprehension
- Top 8 Annotation Tools (Features, Pros, Cons, Pricing)
Free Annotation Tools
Best EdTech Influencers, Podcasts, and Websites
Educational Technology Influencers
- Christopher Pappas
- Dr. Jennifer Parker
- Cristina Cabal
- Jimmy Casas
- Matt Renwick
- Monica Burns
- Alice Keeler
- Nicole Tucker-Smith
- Ari Flewelling
- Jake Miller
- Adam Juarez
- Adam A Phyall
- Andrew Arevalo
- Amelia Vance
- Carla Jefferson
- Chris Bugaj