In the above WordPress SEO video tutorial, you’ll learn to optimize your first WordPress blog post for search engines using the Yoast WordPress SEO free plugin so we can get benefit from the analytical SEO tools to make our post content optimized for Google and get all the green lights on the analytical tools.
What does Yoast SEO do for you?
Yoast SEO does everything in its power to please both visitors and search engine spiders. A dedicated team of developers, testers, architects, and SEO experts works daily to improve the plugin with every release.
How to Optimize WordPress blog posts using Yoast SEO plugin:
- Choose a focus keyword
- Write the content of the blog post
- Now check for the Yoast SEO score. if It’s green you have optimized the post for the particular keyword. If it’s orange then your post is moderately optimized. if it’s red it’s poorly optimized.
- Based on the level of optimzation, Yoast gives you suggestions to imrpove.
- The suggestion could be adding the focus keyword a minimum number of times, adding keyword in title, meta description and URL
- Yoast also suggests if you have over optimzed by stuffing keywords in the content, title and alt tags.
- Once you have cleared all the suggestions you can publish the Yoat optimized blog posts